Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tsumbre

I can recall a monsoon season when my childhood friend Pete(who now goes by Frank), and I were sitting inside playing some bastardized version of Magic the Gathering we had made up. The rain was coming down in sheets and it was hot. Very hot. Pete's bright idea was to simply go outside and run around in it. The idea of getting my clothes soaking wet seemed kind of strange, but I lived just up the street, and if it really bothered my I could just go and change.

We got outside and were soaked very quickly. We took our shirts off and ran about in the water filled streets. There wasn't a soul around except for us. We ran the neighborhood, and at 12, we were probably the youngest rulers this neighborhood had seen. Pete got so intense about the whole thing he decided he should slide down his driveway on his stomach. It was so wet out that he was successful.

I don't really remember what we did after, but it probably involved video games, pay per view movies, and or soda. Life was good back then.


The World Series of Poker, where I have been working, is finally over. My last day of production was the 2nd of July, and after a week off I came back in for a week to do some shit work and help with the load out. One of my coworkers put mayonaise on my shirt and I got really pissed off. I almost punched him in the face. It takes alot to get me that mad, but for some reason when it comes to somebody fucking with my clothing I get angry really quick. I took a shirt that once belonged to Jean Robert-Ballande, who is a poker player who was on Survivor for one season. Nobody likes him very much. I just think it is funny that I have his shirt. It's not very nice and I probably should sell it on Ebay. Awesome.


Playlist: Maritime, weed, beer, summer break

No comments: