Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear self, try to take over the world plz.

I'm left with a terrible dilema lately. What should I be doing with myself? The production career clearly isn't cutting it, and while that leaves me terrified and on the verge of tears sometimes, at other times I handle it well because I think it is just a realization that I really was indeed meant for something more. I almost know it. I'm not here trying to make it. I am going to "make it". How does one "make it" you may ask. I think it involves a goal that is not really grounded in anything concrete.

What do I want? A career in entertainment. I'd like to write comedic routines and deliver them to crowds of people, preferably whilst standing in front of them. A stage is not really needed.

How do I get this? Well, the first step is to write the first routine. It probably won't be that smashing because this kind of thing takes time to get good at. My favorite comedians weren't pros when they started, so why would I be? Man, I wish I would've started earlier.

What do I do after I write that routine? The answer to this is obvious: practice! Deliver it to friends, hit up the open mics, you know, circulate that shit and get some feedback.

What then? I have no fucking clue. I figure if I can fall in with some kind of comedy scene, eventually I'll make contacts and be able to get myself onto shows and whatnot.

What if this doesn't work out? Hopefully the economy will pick up and I can commit myself to sad and pathetic existence of being "meant for more" at a Starbucks or some shit. I guess at that point there's always music. That's two things I could potentially fail at. Awesome.


Playlist: Disconnect, Locust, Combatwoundedveteran

No comments: