Monday, February 23, 2009

Hey! You're part of it.

My memories have been vague and sporadic lately. Things come back in very brief waves that don't even really seem to be connected to anything.

Out of nowhere I remembered lunch my freshman year of high school. Hanging out in the court yard with Stephanie Valenzuela, Mark Siquian, Justin Brink, Jason Buzzbee, Aundreia Gerov, Nadine Rondeau...I don't know any of these people anymore except for Stephanie. I haven't thought about most of them in years. And then that memory reminds me of the fact that almost every day we used to get soft pretzles with nacho cheese for lunch, and we used to get these ridiculously huge sodas called Nehi. That name strikes me as quite Mormon. I also remember the fact that Aundreia Gerov was my first girlfriend, and I didn't even really like her that much. She came over one time during the month our relationship lasted. My mother said she thought that she might be a little bit too "wordly" for me. My mom is awesome.

I keep losing my past and then finding it again. When I was 19 I waxed nastolgic for 16. Now that I'm 25, I'm really just trying to focus on being happy now. I haven't steadily worked in a while, money is tight, yet somehow, I feel pretty good about life. Now if only I could earn a lot of money all at once.


Playlist: Brett and Cynthia's infinite playlist, Bif Naked, Spring Heeled Jack, reefers

No comments: